The University of South Carolina Beaufort's Studio Art program is dedicated to preparing
students for careers or graduate level studies in the arts. Students are exposed to
a diverse choice of media, knowledgeable and experienced faculty, and well equipped
facilities to foster technical and creative growth and development. USCB’s Studio
Art program is situated in the heart of charming downtown Beaufort, where students
study art in one of America's top small cities for art, as selected by American Style Magazine, in June 2009.
All students who are accepted into the Studio Art Program will be awarded a $1,000 per year scholarship renewable for up to four years. In order to receive and maintain the scholarship, you must remain a Studio Art major at USCB.
USCB offers a number of competitive scholarships to accepted Visual Art and Design majors. Chancellor's Art Scholarships are awarded based upon a cumulative review of a candidate's scholarship application in addition to a review of the applicant's sample artwork.
Chancellor's Art Scholarship Application Requirements
- USCB Chancellor's Art Scholarship Application
- Narrative Statement: Brief essay (300 words) by the applicant that highlights their interest in the arts, potential career goals, and how these can be fulfilled in USCB's program in Visual Art and Design.
- Portfolio: sample artwork, minimum of 10 items. Either upload portfolio, or provide active links to individual works.
- References: Applicants should submit two letters of reference:
- Character reference letter on letterhead from a teacher, employer, counselor, community / faith based leader.
- Art Instructor Reference letter on letterhead emphasizing the creative strengths and skills of applicant, as well as applicant's likelihood of success in USCB's program in Visual Art and Design.
- By typing my initials, I affirm that the information provided in my USCB Chancellor's Art Scholarship application is accurate and true as of the date of submission.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or
- Minimum 1050 SAT total or
- Exceptional creativity in the visual arts as demonstrated in portfolio submission.
- Applications that do not follow the guidelines or are missing any requirements will not be considered for review
Applications submitted before May 31 will be given priority. Applications are reviewed
by the Visual Art and Design committee. Selected recipients will receive an award
notification by email.