Transfer to USCB
Whether you come from a two-year or four-year college or university, you will be well supported in this move to complete your education at the University of South Carolina Beaufort.
- A 2.0 cumulative GPA and be in good standing from your most recently attended institution.
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended must be submitted.
- Transcripts are only considered official if they are securely sent directly from the institution to USCB, either through an encrypted online system or a sealed envelope through the mail.
- If you have fewer than 30 college credit hours, your official high school transcripts must also be submitted.
- Submitting ACT or SAT scores is optional at USCB, but many scholarships require the applicant to submit these.
- Application deadline:
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: May 1
Steps to transfer to USCB:
- Complete and submit the application, all required transcripts (see requirements above), and pay the nonrefundable $40 application fee (or enter application fee waiver code).
- Visit our campuses
- View more information on scholarships and financial aid
- Access the South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center for information on how prior coursework from participating South Carolina colleges and universities will transfer into USC Beaufort. This site will ask you to create a student account.
Check Your Application Status
The Admissions Office communicates decisions within two to four weeks from the date
that that your application file is complete. Reminder: Reporting SAT/ACT scores to USCB is optional in 2020-2021.
You can check your application status online using the login ID and password you created when applying to USCB.
How Courses Transfer to USCB
- USCB only accepts course credit from institutions accredited by regional accreditation agencies or who are active members of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- USCB makes decisions about course equivalencies per institution. For example, if you took psychology 101 at another university, USCB decides whether or not it will also count for psychology 101 at USCB based on the institution where the course was taken.
- Courses must have a grade of C or higher to be considered for transfer credit at USCB.
- Remedial, developmental, technical, no credit courses, and courses taken for pass/fail are not eligible for transfer credit.
- You must apply and submit all of your official transcripts before an official evaluation of your transfer work can be performed.
- Use this course equivalency lookup for more information on potential transfer credits
Contact the Office of Admissions
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
Phone (843) 208-8055
Fax (843) 208-8290