Military & Veterans
The University of South Carolina Beaufort is proud to offer offer active duty, veterans, and spouses opportunities to further their education while balancing active careers and family needs.
For more information or to apply, contact USCB's Director of Militray Programs, Michael Weiss.
As you start to discover USCB, keep a few things in mind.
- We’re a military friendly school. This means our three campuses have been designated among the best when it comes to educating military students.
- We’re part of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Through a partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs and USCB—via the Post-9/11 GI Bill—extra funds are available for eligible personnel.
- We offer Associate Degrees just for military. As an Active-Duty member of the military, you can earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science degree, or a Baccalaureate degree in one of our 16 majors.
- We have a reduced tuition plan for active military. Any active duty military member receiving tuition assistance is eligible. The only out-of-pocket costs will be for textbooks..
- Your dependents are eligible for a variety of USCB scholarships.
- We understand your experience. As an institution close to three military bases—the Marine Corps Recruit Depot on Parris Island, the Marine Corps Air Station, and the United States Naval Hospital—we’ve been able to work closely with military personnel since our inception and stand ready to help you discover your powerful future. Academic credit may be awarded at USCB for educational experiences in the military
- Student Led Veterans Organization - Students come together for camaraderie and support through the local chapter of Student Veterans of America (SVA) - http://www.thesandsharkveterans.com/
Reduced Tuition for Military
Active duty military tuition is approximately 30% less per credit hour than their civilian counterparts.
- Per credit hour cost for civilians is $431 while active duty military pay only $250 per credit hour.
- Full time in-state resident tuition for civilians is $5,172 per semester, whereas active duty military full time tuition is $3,000 *
The process for military dependents mirrors that of an Active Duty or Veteran applicant, the only additional requirements are copies of the sponsor's orders and the dependent's military ID card. If both these are provided to the admissions office, in state tuition rates will apply.
Contact the Office of Admissions
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909
Phone (843) 208-8055
Fax (843) 208-8290