Orientation and Registration Events
Welcome to the Sand Shark Family!
Congratulations on your acceptance! Think you're ready to be a Sand Shark? Take the first step by attending a Sand Shark Registration Day. Sessions will be offered both virtually and online. Registration will open soon!
Friday, June 25, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Friday, July 16, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Friday, July 23, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Saturday, July 24, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
For the full schedule of events click here.
Wednesday, June 30, 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 21, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Friday, August 6, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Sand Shark Registration Day Virtual Session Schedule:
Presentation 1: Nuts and Bolts of Starting your USCB Experience
Presentation 2: Navigating your Academic Journey: DegreeWorks and Scheduling
During Sand Shark Registration Day students will:
- Learn how to navigate University Technologies
- Get their class schedules and learn how to read them
- Understand the different courses that make up their college degree
- Schedule time to meet with Advising, Financial aid, Admissions, and the Bursar's Office
- Participate in a campus tour and see a residence hall room (if desired)
- Check items off their Next Steps list so they are ready to go for the start of the fall semester
Register via the Fins Up portal here
Please contact the Office of New Student and Transition Programs with questions or any issues accessing the portal, email@example.com.
Fall New Student Orientation
Mark your calendars for Fall New Student Orientation which will be held Sunday, August 15th-Wednesday, August 18th. Students will be automatically registered for this event.
New Student Orientation is required for all new first-year and transfer students. This introduction will help you prepare for your transition into college life and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
During Fall New Student Orientation Students will:
- Build community with fellow new students
- Get to know USCB faculty, staff, and upperclassmen
- Be equipped with a list of resources to help you succeed
- Get acquainted with campus policies and procedures
- Learn skills to help with the transition to college
- And so much more
New Student Family Info Sessions
At USCB we understand how important families are in the lives of our students. We also know sending your student to college is as much a transition for you as it is for them. This is why we are offering New Student Family Info Sessions this summer for our students’ loved ones. Sessions will be offered both virtually and online. Registration will open soon!
Friday, June 25, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Friday, July 16, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Friday, July 23, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Saturday, July 24, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
*Students are asked to register their guests for the same date as there Sand Shark Registration Day if they are attending in-person. Because of space limitations due to COVID-19, each student is limited to 2 family members for in-person info sessions. There is no limit to the number of family members who can attend one of our virtual sessions listed below.
Wednesday, July 28, 5:30-7:30 PM
Monday, August 2, 5:30-7:30 PM
During New Student Family Info Sessions families will:
- Learn how to read their student’s bill and understand their financial aid package
- Understand the common challenges new students face and how they can support them.
- Learn about the campus resources USCB offers and how they can refer their students to help when they run into problems.
Students can register their family members via the Fins Up portal here.