Congratulations on your USCB acceptance! Here are your next steps:
Call or text Admissions at 843-208-8055 for help navigating your next steps.
1. Reply to Your Offer of Admission via the Student Portal
- An enrollment deposit of $100 is only required for degree seeking students starting in the Fall 2023 semester. Pay enrollment deposit via the Student Portal button above.
- The deposit is due no later than June 1. If the student is accepted after June 1, payment is due within two weeks of acceptance.
- May 1 is the deadline to request a refund of the enrollment deposit.
2. Claim Your VIP ID
- You will find your VIP ID and your USC ID on the bottom of your acceptance letter.
- Go to https://myaccount.sc.edu and select ‘Account Claiming’. Follow the setup wizard to set your Network/VIP ID password, establish your security
questions, setup your Sand Shark Alerts, and enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication.
If you are transferring from within the USC System, you will need to change your Preferred
University Email Address to your @email.uscb.edu address within https://myaccount.sc.edu ‘Update Account Settings’. If you need any help during the claiming process, directions
can be found on the USCB ITSS Documentation Page.
NOTE: Please be sure to remember your Email Address, Network ID, VIP ID, and password. These will become important throughout the Next Steps process.
3. Log In to Your USCB Email
- Go to https://portal.office.com and enter your Email Address and password. Email communications including housing, financial aid, and admissions updates, will be sent to this mailbox.
4. Complete Your Application for In-state Tuition (SC Residency)
- Click here for information on applying for in-state tuition.
- REQUIRED for ALL new students and students reapplying to USCB.
- ALL students who reside in South Carolina are required to apply for in-state tuition. If you do not complete this application you will be charged the out of state tuition rate.
5. Complete Your Housing Application (Spring 23 opening soon!)
6. Complete Required Pre-Registration Form
- Includes citizenship and immunization history
7. Submit Official Final Transcripts
- Freshman must have an official final high school transcript submitted by the high school after graduation. Any dual enrollment courses, IB, and/or AP scores must be sent to admissions prior to registering for classes.
- Transfer students must have an official final college transcript sent from ALL previous institutions attended.
8. Log in to Self Service Carolina
- Self Service Carolina is where you register for classes, pay your bill, and view final grades. Log in by going to https://my.uscb.edu and clicking on Self Service Carolina. Your logon credentials can be either your Network or VIP ID that you claimed in the previous step.
- Login to https://my.carolinacard.sc.edu with your Network ID and select Photo Upload on the left hand side of the page. Upload a photo for your ID card here. Please pay close attention to the photo requirements.
9. Attend Sand Shark Registration Day (Opening Soon)
10. Take Placement Test
- Must be completed two weeks before attending a Sand Shark Registration Day.
- Questions? Contact Advising at 843-208-8049 or email: Advising@uscb.edu.
Contact the Office of Admissions
University of South Carolina Beaufort
Office of Admissions
One University Boulevard
Bluffton, SC 29909